CSG TORCH RUN BEGINS MONDAY
Virtual Format Includes 93 Counties Divided Into Four Regions
May 21, 2021
LINCOLN, Neb. (May 21, 2021) — The Cornhusker State Games (CSG) Torch Run begins Monday, May 24 with runners from 11 Nebraska panhandle counties participating locally by running at least one mile in their county and submitting a photo. It is free to participate, and all registered runners receive a free shirt and entry into daily, regional, and grand prize drawings.
The 2021 virtual format features four regions, each with a two-week window for runners to complete their mile. Region 1 consists of the 11 panhandle counties and runs May 24-June 6. Region 2 encompasses 25 west-central counties from June 7-June 20. East-central counties run June 21-July 4 and eastern counties July 5-18.
Currently, more than 300 runners are registered, representing 77 counties, including all counties in Region 1. Runners can view the map and register at: CSGTorchRun.
Major Torch Run prizes up for grabs include one overall grand prize, a $250 Scheels gift card; four $100 top regional prizes, and daily gift-card and free-entry certificates throughout the eight weeks. Prize winners and runner photos will be posted daily on the CSG Torch Run Facebook Page.
The CSG Torch Run serves as an annual precursor to the Cornhusker State Games, a multi-sport festival for athletes of all ages/abilities scheduled for July 16-25 in Lincoln, Omaha, Kearney, Columbus, Grand Island and other Nebraska communities. Learn more at CornhuskerStateGames.com.
Breakdown of key 2021 Torch Run elements:
- Dates: May 24 – July 18 with counties divided into four regions, each with a twoweek timeframe working from western to eastern Nebraska
- Location: Safe mile(s) in runner’s home county
- Eligibility: Nebraska runners of all ages/abilities who can run at least a mile and post a photo or video using #CSGTorch2021
- Perks: free shirt, daily prize drawing, state pride, social media recognition, fitness and fun
- Goals: Spread State Games Spirit, all 93 counties represented, average 15 runners and 40 miles per county for totals of 1,400 and 3,800, respectively
- Optional: Runners are encouraged to carry a meaningful or possibly humorous (small/safe/no flame) object to symbolize “their torch” and/or dedicate their run using #MyTorch21
- Donations: While it is free to participate, runners are asked to consider a taxdeductible donation
The Cornhusker State Games Torch Run is sponsored by the Nebraska Chiropractic Physicians Association (NCPA). Contributing partners include Black Hills Energy, Honda of Lincoln and Revolution Wraps.
July 22, 2021 - The final weekend of competition in the 2021 Cornhusker State Games (CSG) features action in 32 sports, including Ice Hockey, the Games’ largest sport with 855 athletes. Read more ...
July 18, 2021 - The main weekend of the Cornhusker State Games wrapped up Sunday, with over 40 sports taking place across Omaha, Columbus, Lincoln, and surrounding communities. Read More...
July 12, 2021 - The Cornhusker State Games preliminary weekend events took place over the weekend in Lincoln, Bellevue, Wahoo, Kearney, and Waverly Read More...
July 9, 2021
- Bass fishing at Lake Wanahoo began bright and early today with a 6 a.m. launch for two-person teams in 38 boats pursuing cash prizes and Cornhusker State Games Read More...
July 5, 2021 - Today is the final deadline to register for most sports in the 37th annual Cornhusker State Games Read More...
June 30, 2021 - Nebraska Sports Council officials announced today that Jordyn Bahl, who last week was named the 2020-21 Gatorade National Softball Player of the Year, will lead the Oath of Athletes Read More...